Wide open spaces with lovely uninterrupted coastal views looking north over the ocean to the mainland ahead. The accommodation was exactly what we wanted. Comfy beds, quality linen and plenty of living room, inside and out. The kangaroos grazing and the sea a sight to behold. No more was needed.
We enjoyed the most perfect Christmas at Antechamber Bay Retreats. Thank you to Kate and Andy for making us feel so welcome on their stunning property. We stayed at Kona which was immaculately clean, the view was spectacular and their SouthRock lamb tasted amazing. We all agreed it was the best Christmas ever.
A Tranquil Holiday Cottage with Magnificent Views.
The panoramic views from this light-filled farm cottage capture the essence of Creek Bay: a foreground of pastoral splendour with grazing sheep and rolling pasture edged by native bush. And beyond, a sweeping headland-to-headland vista of Antechamber Bay framed by Cape Coutts and Cape St Albans.
Relaxed comfort for couples or younger families.
Named after a grand four-masted American schooner that ran aground on nearby Scraper Shoal, The Kona is a bright easy-going three-bedroom cottage. Open-plan living creates versatile spaces that adapt readily to the needs of couples and younger families.
Outdoor Dining Area.
A highlight is the seamless connection with the outdoors, most notably the large front deck with its outdoor BBQ and dining area. It’s the ideal vantage point, be it for ship spotting, watching wildlife at dawn and dusk, or savouring a seascape that’s simply awe inspiring at any time of day.
Fully self-contained kitchen facilities. In-house catering also available.
The Kona has a contemporary kichen with an oven and microwave, as well as an outdoor gas BBQ, we also offer in-house catering by arrangement. Download a PDF of our extensive menu featuring Kangaroo Island Southrock Lamb: In-house Catering Menu.
- Updated three-bedroom farmhouse.
- Open-plan living and dining with polished timber floors.
- Contemporary kitchen with microwave.
- Two king size bedrooms & one double bunk bedroom.
- Two bathrooms (one an ensuite with large spa bath).
- Reverse-cycle air conditioning.
- Television, DVD & stereo and free local telephone.
- Large shaded entertaining deck with gas BBQ and seating.
- Automatic washing machine.
- Island produce – including our prized Southrock Lamb – available on request.
- In house chef/catering available by arrangement.
- Pets are welcome.
- Private beach access.
- Nature walks on 3500 acres of private farmland and bush.
- Beach & rock fishing at Antechamber Bay.
- Boating (row boat available on request).
- 4WD tracks with access to Lesueur Conservation Park.
From $240 per night.
Last week of December, all of January and Easter minimum $300 per night. Easter has a minimum stay of four nights, January a minimum stay of seven nights.